Friday, March 07, 2008

Sewing-themed fabric

Lisa in Colorado asked where she could find the fabulous dress-form fabric I posted about last time. It is gorgeous, isn’t it? Well Abakhan had the ready-made bag but not the fabric on the roll. I got my FQ months ago from this Ebay seller who always has some nice pieces (although they don’t have the fabric now and it looks like they don’t ship to the USA).

The fabric is called Forget me not and is designed by Kimberly Poloson for Robert Kaufman. Apparently it is out of print but there some available on Ebay here. Auction ends on 13th March so be quick!

While I was searching, I found lots of variations on the theme. So if, like Lisa, you want to get your hands on some sewing-themed fabric, try these links…

Michael Miller’s current range includes this black and white dress form design. Lots of Ebay sellers (US and UK) had some available.

Quilters studio has a whole page of sewing-themed fabric! I like “Cats in the sewing studio”

If it’s the French-feel you’re after, why not try this Paris runway models design.

I haven’t bought fabric on Ebay in quite a while, but this has definitely whetted my appetite for some online shopping!

ETA: Lisa in Colarado The Robert Kaufman website has a Where to buy section, listing all stockists. It might be worth checking to see if any bricks-and-mortar stores near you have some left.

1 comment:

  1. Archived comment thread9:43 PM, February 09, 2010

    Thank you so much for taking the time to provide the information on the fabric! I love the Paris themed fabric, as well. I've got some shopping to do.
    Lisa in Colorado | 03.11.08 - 4:43 pm | #

    ReplyDelete