I've been rather MIA on the blog this week as I have mostly been over at Sewingcake.com and the Flickr group for the Tiramisu sewalong.
I spent a lot of time at the beginning making muslins as I knew I would likely have some adjustments to make to the bodice before I got cutting into my nice fabric. But now it is all going together very nicely (fingers crossed!) and I just need to play a little catch-up.
Here's a sneak peek of the back of my bodice. It is fun to play with the direction of the stripes.
I'm using a poly rayon jersey to make quite a casual dress but I do hope to make one or two more in different fabrics.
It's been so fun to "chat" to other sewists as I work and the group has been really helpful and supportive which is great. The "30 minutes a day" approach to sewing is new to me - I'm really bad at staying up late to try to finish a project in an evening or two. I have definitely seen some benefits in taking it slower. When it came to manipulating the pattern to get a better fit, I found myself mulling over the issues in my non-sewing time, and possible solutions would come to me out of the blue, such as when I was washing the dishes or walking to the supermarket!
I hope to have a bit of extended sewing time tomorrow so I can make some good progress on my dress. I would really like to get it finished by the weekend.