Saturday, May 03, 2014

Late to the party...

I didn't plan to join in with Me-made May this year. I didn't spend any time looking at the contents of my wardrobe, sewing basics and deciding if I could really wear a me-made garment for every day of the month. In fact I spent most of April sewing costumes for my kid and my niece, which was not ideal preparation. (But it does make for a fun blog post which I hope to get online tomorrow!)

May 1st dawned bright and sunny. I was heading off to a wedding in the afternoon and could not decide what to wear. I tried on the contents of my wardrobe and realised that the garments that made me happiest and fit the best were me-made. That in itself makes me smile as it shows a progress in my sewing that I hadn't really noticed before.

So I know I am ridiculously late to the party but here goes:

me-made-may'14
 'I, Helen of Sewstylish.blogspot.com, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14. I endeavour to wear at least one me-made garment each day for the duration of May 2014'

Here's the outfits that made the cut for the first three days:




Day 1: Deer and Doe Belladone dress for a wedding
Day 2: Kitchycoo "lacyskater" with RTW leggings for a post-wedding BBQ
Day 3: Deer and Doe Plantain tee with handknit scarf and dyed-by-me jeans for Saturday errands and fabric shopping.


I won't bore you with daily outfit posts here, but if you are interested I will be documenting outfits on Instagram (username: helensewstylish) and occasionally over at the Flickr group I don't really know if I will make it to the end of the month, but hey I'm going to try!

1 comment:

  1. I really need to make myself a Belladone!
    I love your style. It is distinctive and so feminine and cute.

    ReplyDelete